The countdown to the launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2025 is on, but it's not all good news for two of the show's most popular stars. Professional dancers Luba Mushtuk and Nancy Xu are reportedly devastated after being informed they won't be paired with celebrity partners this year, effectively ruling them out of competing in the main show.
The BBC dance extravaganza is set to begin next month, featuring participants such as Emmerdale's Lewis Cope and model Ellie Goldstein. A total of 15 celebrities will be vying for the glitterball trophy, each paired with one of the seasoned professionals. However, fan favourites Luba, 35, and Nancy, 34, will not be training or performing with the famous faces this year.
An insider revealed: "Luba and Nancy were gutted not to be in a celebrity pairing and competing on the show this year. They are, understandably, disappointed, but realise that not everyone is able to get a celebrity partner every year.
"Of course, the professional dancers are all expert athletes and want the best chance possible to win, it's in their nature, but they're grateful for the gig,' the source told The Sun On Sunday."
The Express has reached out to the BBC for a response.
Last year, Nancy was partnered with former X Factor champion Shayne Ward, while Luba danced with DIY SOS star Nick Knowles.
Earlier this week, reports emerged that long-standing dancer Gorka Marquez is actually 'relieved' not to have a leading role in this year's show.
Gorka turned down the chance to take centre stage with a celebrity partner, opting instead to spend several weeks as a judge on the Spanish edition of Strictly, Bailando Con Las Estrellas.
An insider revealed to The Sun: "Gorka loves Strictly and is so proud to be one of the longest-serving pros, but has said he'll be relieved not to be there during another fraught series while the show and its cast are accused of toxic behaviour.
"He's very excited to have been part of the group dances, which were pre-recorded, and loves everyone on the show. But this is the third series where they face questions about bullying, chaperones and everything else."
A spokesperson for Gorka responded: "Gorka does not feel this way at all; he is delighted to still be a part of Strictly alongside his Spanish filming schedule."